Every year, the Office of Environment, Health and Safety hires student interns for the Strawberry Creek Restoration Program (SCRP). These positions are made possible by a combination of funds, including the Steve Maranzana Fund for the Environment and the Strawberry Creek Fund.
Interns work together to:
- Coordinate and manage volunteers for creek restoration events (weeding, planting, trash pickup), including at least one public event per semester
- Conduct regular creek tours for students and community members
- Maintain a regular presence on the creek
- Other duties as required
Ideal candidates possess some or all of the following:
- Familiarity with California native plants
- Teaching and/or public outreach experience
- Experience with habitat restoration projects (invasive species removal, native planting, ecological/biological field work experience, etc.)
- Educational experience with biology, ecology, or community engagement
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license